Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a SAHM, homeschooling mom, non practicing CPA, junk..I mean, treasure addicted, pretend decorator, jack of all crafts, let's just create something kind of gal. My husband calls it all crap and my son has to compete with it but I call it love. I love to repurpose and redo! Lemme see whatcha got and I'll tell ya what it could be!
Powered by Blogger.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

A girl never tells her real age.....

I haven't posted in quite a while.  The flu tends to put a screeching halt to fun things like refinishing furniture and quilting.  I've also been very busy with some custom work so I haven't had much time to work on cleaning out the projects from the garage.  I finally finished a work in progress a few days ago and had time to photograph it.  I found this beauty on craigslist along with two other tables.  I have no idea of its age, but a true lady never tells her real age, right??  Let's just say she is mature and was a little, ahem, worldly....


There was some very chipped veneer on the scroll detail and the cross piece at the bottom that presented a slight problem.  There was no way to repair it, so I decided just to peel it all off.  It turns out that was a very ambitious decision.
 

I thought that the veneer would come off very easily since it was already coming off on its own.  Turns out some of it was glued on very well!


But those legs were definitely worth the effort!

After sanding it down and coaxing off the veneer, I painted it black and distressed.


I had to take it completely apart because of loose joints and shifting parts (that happens as we age you know).  But now it has been tightened up and lifted and looks, well, refreshed...








I think she hides her age well, whatever it may be!!

Linking up to:


Furniture Feature Fridays

http://www.atthepicketfence.com/2011/12/welcome-to-inspiration-friday-no-43.html

2 comments:

  1. Great job! Love it! Can you come help me? :)
    Melody
    chattychics.com
    PS We're having a jewelry giveaway if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete