Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a SAHM, homeschooling mom, non practicing CPA, junk..I mean, treasure addicted, pretend decorator, jack of all crafts, let's just create something kind of gal. My husband calls it all crap and my son has to compete with it but I call it love. I love to repurpose and redo! Lemme see whatcha got and I'll tell ya what it could be!
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Quilt for a baby girl? Yes please!

Having a son for an only child, I don't get to play with pink and fun girly things very often.  So I jump at an excuse to use pink in a project, especially if it involves fabric or paper!!  My sweet neighbor Missy just adopted a baby girl and she needed a quilt!  I probably would have been overwhelmed at the sheer possibilities of girly sweetness when it comes to fabric.  Luckily Missy had already picked out fabric for baby Joon's room.  Agonizing fabric choice already made, I got to just enjoy the creative process.  I usually hand piece my quilts but I wanted to actually finish this quilt before Joon went to college so.....I decided to make a truce with the sewing machine and got after it.


I did hand quilt it as usual.  I LOVE how it turned out and I'm happy to say that my sewing machine and I are getting along great!


I wish I had gotten a picture of the back because it is this beautiful dark pink chenille type fabric with rosette swirls.  So super soft!  I had to get this one out of my house quick before I was tempted to keep it!

No comments:

Post a Comment