Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a SAHM, homeschooling mom, non practicing CPA, junk..I mean, treasure addicted, pretend decorator, jack of all crafts, let's just create something kind of gal. My husband calls it all crap and my son has to compete with it but I call it love. I love to repurpose and redo! Lemme see whatcha got and I'll tell ya what it could be!
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, December 4, 2011

I love my job!

I've always been jealous of the people who could truly say "I love my job!".  To be very honest, I'm not a very good employee and I get bored really quickly.  So, to be able to be creative, not answer to anyone and make other people happy with my work feels kindof like heaven.  I can truly say "I love my job!".  This week I finished a beautiful buffet for a friend at church.  This piece has been around a while and has been used for many, many things.  When she dropped it off, it looked like this.


She picked out a beautiful bright red and wanted me to add a little something on the two doors.  The red didn't cover as well as I had hoped even after I had converted it to chalk paint.  Four or five coats, some distressing, and a little colored wax later, this is what we got.


I love how this turned out!  I love the shape of the buffet, the color, the hardware, everything!

I projected the tree limbs onto the cabinet doors to trace and then went back and painted them.  They got some distressing too.




I thought about trying to keep this for myself, but I figured Helen might notice if I didn't return it!



No comments:

Post a Comment