Pages

About Me

My photo
I am a SAHM, homeschooling mom, non practicing CPA, junk..I mean, treasure addicted, pretend decorator, jack of all crafts, let's just create something kind of gal. My husband calls it all crap and my son has to compete with it but I call it love. I love to repurpose and redo! Lemme see whatcha got and I'll tell ya what it could be!
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, September 30, 2011

My new favorite

If you know me, you know that I change projects frequently.  A little too frequently for my hubby's taste.  This of course means that I always have a new "favorite" whatever.  What can I say, I guess I have a short attention span?  Meet my new favorite.


Sorry for the shadows but my sweet hubby wasn't home to help me move her so I had to wrangle her myself.  This is as far as I got.  :)

She is solid but delicate at the same time.  Wouldn't she be gorgeous in a little girl's room or a romantic bedroom?

I didn't get a very good before picture because I was so excited to start working, but she was kindof beat up and some little munchkin had added their own artistic flaire thanks to Crayola.


The brass pulls were a little gaudy for me but the center of each is ceramic with delicate little flowers.  I thought they were worth salvaging so I just spray painted the brassy parts white.


Annie Sloan chalk paint is just so much fun to work with that I couldn't resist another Paris Grey project.  I did some distressing  and then applied a colored wax.  I just mixed a little wood stain with Annie Sloan clear wax and it worked great.


I love the shape of the top drawer.  It gives the piece so much character.


Isn't the faux keyhole sweet??



I think she turned out so beautiful!  Think she's as pretty as I do?  She's available!  Check out the shop tab for more info!

And here's a bonus for those who have been asking about the progress on the hoosier.  A sneak peek!


Obviously she's naked and missing her bottom but isn't that blue going to be a great surprise when you open the doors?  I can't wait to get her finished and inside.  This is one piece that I'm holding onto!

Linking up to

Furniture Feature Fridays

The Shabby Creek

No comments:

Post a Comment